Flowers & Appelflappen
I woke up Saturday morning craving Appelflappen. Literally translated it means: Apple flaps. Never heard of it? Keep on reading 😀
This delicious traditional Dutch recipe is one of my favorite. Especial if you’re graving sweets. (me, every single day!)
I decided to bring a visit to the farmers market to buy the ingredients for the Appelflappen. The place to be for fresh food and beautiful flowers!
Speaking of flowers, hydrangeas are one of my favorites to have around in my house. They are elegant, fluffy and can make a lush addition to the living room.
With countless varieties and colors available, you can work with the florist to create a look you absolutely love. I went for blue and pink 🙂
Back to our delicious Appelflappen recipe!
- 2 big red appels
- brown sugar
- puffy pastry
- one egg
- Preheat the oven 225 degrees
- Let the puffy pastry defrost for 15 minutes
- peel the apples, remove the core and cut the up in small dices
- Mix the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins all together
- Place the apple mixture on top of a piece of puff pastry
- Fold the pastry diagonal, creating a triangle shape. You can use a fork or just your hands to press the edges together and making them stick
- Whisk the egg and apply a bit of egg on top of the pastry
- sprinkle some of the brown sugar on top of the egg
- Place the Appelflappen in the oven for about 15-20 minutes
You can eat them hot or cold, they will be delicious either way! They are also EXTREMELY yummy when served warm with some vanilla ice cream! Oh Lord!
Pants – Mango ( similar )
Top – Mango ( similar )
Watch, Bracelets & bag – Flea market
Hat – Zara (similar )